Why Software factory

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Jul 10, 2007 at 8:48 AM
why do you change the application block Architecture to software factory in enterprise library with .net 2.0
Jul 11, 2007 at 12:13 PM
Hi besharah,

Can you please clarify what do you mean by "changing the application block architecture to software factory"?

Thanks,
Fernando
Jul 11, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Why do you use factory design patter with Data access bolok In Enterprise Library 2, before you were use one file for Data access block called SQL Helper

Best Regards,
Jul 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM
Hi besharah,

The factory pattern was used in the Data Block since the first release of the Enterprise Library; for the .NET 2.0 version the implementation was changed but the same pattern was used.
As for the reason for the change, I guess the single class approach was not suited to the new requirements like providing a vendor agnostic API.

Are you facing any particular issue with the factory pattern?

Hope this helps,
Fernando
Jul 12, 2007 at 5:54 AM
what do you mean by vendor agnostic API?
May you explain it with providing some examples?

regarding you question fro "Are you facing any particular issue with the factory pattern?"

My answer:

No i do not, but i would like to understand the architecture and the implementation of enterprise library.
Jul 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM
Hi besharah,

besharah wrote:
what do you mean by vendor agnostic API?
May you explain it with providing some examples?

This subject is explained in the integrated help, under topics "Design of the Data Access Application Block" and "Designing for Database-Agnostic Applications".

regarding you question fro "Are you facing any particular issue with the factory pattern?"

My answer:

No i do not, but i would like to understand the architecture and the implementation of enterprise library.

You should look at the integrated help under topic "Design of the Enterprise Library", and these webcasts and posts:

Hope this helps,
Fernando