Use DAAB with TableAdapters?

Topics: Data Access Application Block
Jul 4, 2007 at 3:20 PM
Edited Jul 4, 2007 at 4:01 PM
How does the DAAB fit with the use of TableAdapters and Strongly-Typed Datasets?

Is anyone using the DAAB w/ these components?
Jul 4, 2007 at 4:22 PM
Hi,

You can certainly use a Strongly-typed DataSet when you invoke the LoadDataSet and UpdateDataSet methods. About TableAdapters, the DAAB doesn't deal with them but it shouldn't get in the way if you're using them.

Regards,
Fernando

Greif wrote:
How does the DAAB fit with the use of TableAdapters and Strongly-Typed Datasets?

Is anyone using the DAAB w/ these components?

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:47 PM
Edited Jul 4, 2007 at 5:52 PM
Ok, I have a few more questions... :)

Is it realistic to use the DAAB with strongly-typed datasets? If I'm not mistaken, with MEL - unlike TableAdapters - all the 'plumbing code' to perform CRUD statements would have to be generated.

It seems that comparing the DAAB & Datasets is very much akin to the old debate between Datasets vs Custom Objects. It's either one or the other...

Looking forward to LINQ - what is the P&P group's stance on closing the gap between TableAdapters & the DAAB? Also, how (and when) will LINQ be incorporated into MEL?

Any and all comments are very much appreciated.
May 28, 2008 at 7:35 AM
Edited May 28, 2008 at 7:35 AM

Searching the forum, I found you have exactly asked my questions but no one has answered them. Does anyone have comment or know the answer of the above questions?