MySQL database configuration

Topics: Logging Application Block
Jun 12, 2007 at 5:28 PM
Hello All,
I am planning to use Logging App blocks to write to MySQL database. I know there is a script (for SQL Server) that creates all the required tables and procedure.s Do you guys know if any such scripts exists for MySQL?

Has anybody used MySQL has a backend with Log. App Blocks? Any pointers would be of great help.

Again thanks a lot.

Murali Bala
Jun 13, 2007 at 3:49 PM
I don't believe there is a script that creates the necessary tables for a MySQL Database.

Theoretically, using MySQL shouldn't be a problem since the Database TraceListener just calls Stored Procedures using the DAAB. It is not locked into a particular Database. I believe someone even added a MySQL Database Class to EntLibContrib which can be used to do the logging to MySQL. A script to re-create the Logging Tables for MySQL would be a great complimentary addition to the project.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Jun 14, 2007 at 3:49 AM
Thanks for the response david. I was unable to locate the project/file/information. Could you please point me to the right url?

Thanks,
Murali
Jun 14, 2007 at 8:01 PM
Hello,

It's under the "Source Code" tab
http://www.codeplex.com/entlibcontrib/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

Here you'll see the complete list. Just press the appropriate disk-icon

Best regards,
Ike
Jun 16, 2007 at 9:19 PM
Thanks ikecs. I will take a look.

Regards,
Murali