Use Dropdown List in Configuration ?

Topics: Building and extending application blocks
Jun 2, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to include drop down list functionality for the configuration experience for a custome application block built with the Application Block Software Factory? For instance, I have a configuration element that needs to be set and its value need to be either "ABC", "DEF", or "GHI", rather than rely on them to type them in correctly, I would like to give them a drop down with the options. Is this possible? If so, and if the EL code has an example, please just point me to it, I'll figure it out from there.

Thanks,
Chris
Jun 3, 2007 at 3:42 AM
What type is your configuration element? If it's got a known set of fixed values, can you define them as an enum?

I'll have to double check to be sure, but I think that if you define the field as an enum the config tool should give you the dropdown automatically.
Jun 3, 2007 at 10:10 AM
Edited Jun 3, 2007 at 11:15 AM

ctavares wrote:
What type is your configuration element? If it's got a known set of fixed values, can you define them as an enum?

I'll have to double check to be sure, but I think that if you define the field as an enum the config tool should give you the dropdown automatically.

That would be perfect actually, I am just not finding an example (even in the EntLib code) that demonstrates this. Thanks.

Update:
Found an example. Thanks, worked a treat.